Membership - "One for all and all for legal aid!"
LAPG is a membership organization that represents and provides support for legal aid practitioners. Our Board is drawn from legal aid practitioners across all areas of law, from right across the country and from all types of providers (small, large and ABS). As an organisation, LAPG is well known for contributing to and influencing both operational and policy matters. We are committed to access to justice and to ensuring that the legal aid scheme is accessible to as many people as possible. We also believe that the scheme itself needs to be clear and fit for purpose.
We also offer membership for barristers. In the current climate of fundamental changes to legal aid, barristers can also benefit from our specialist support services to members.
Please support us now and complete our membership form
We know that you know what we do but as a quick recap – this year’s achievements include:
- the biggest Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year Awards with 400 guests
- the annual conference with 200 delegates and wide-ranging press coverage of Lord McNally’s speech and responses to LAPG members’ questions
- lobbying on LASPO and the subsequent Regulations
- well attended training courses at very low fees for members on the contract rounds
- answering numerous members’ questions
- supporting practices facing harsh extrapolations, contract notices and tender issues
- numerous meetings with the LSC and MoJ, working on practical and policy issues – LAPG has a strategic overview
- work by the All Party Group on Legal Aid, run in conjunction with Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- 47 Members’ Updates so far this year
- working with other organisations to effect change
- communicating the value of Legal Aid work to students at universities and colleges and talking realistically about their career options
To join LAPG, click on the relevant membership form below:
Thank you for your support!